Position: Continuous Improvement Engineer
Company Description: ILSCO is a privately-held, American owned electrical connector manufacturing company. ILSCO serves the following markets in the electrical industry: OEMs, MROs, Utilities, Construction & Industrial (C&I), Residential, Telecom, and Renewable Energy. Our aggressive entrepreneurial spirit has been a guiding force, sustaining and growing the company. ILSCO’s strong record of investment in new products, capital equipment, and e-commerce is helping to ensure prosperity now and in the future. ILSCO was established in 1894 as the Incandescent Light and Stove Company and, as technology has advanced over time, our manufacturing capabilities and expertise have advanced as well.
This position reports to the Director of Manufacturing Engineering and is responsible for facilitating and coordinating the ILSCO Production System (IPS) effort and to set and achieve short- and long-term goals that are aligned with organizational objectives. The implementation and development of IPS will be in partnership with company leadership and progress will be communicated through all levels of the organization using data derived from current methods, key performance indicators (KPIs), results from key projects, and Kaizen events. Position requires day-to-day contact with director of manufacturing engineering, production, scheduling & planning, maintenance and engineering.
- Conduct IPS assessments, analyze data and develop goals and action plans to drive improvements, ensuring that follow-up action items are being addressed. Document improvement efforts and results. Support operations, engineering and maintenance in ongoing improvement through IPS.
- Create and facilitate teams as necessary to achieve stated goals to improve manufacturing processes.
- Facilitate setting goals and tracking for IPS.
- Lead, train and facilitate Kaizen events and execute belt projects.
- Participate in all aspects of capital improvement projects, as directed.
- Develop standard operating procedures (SOPs), work instructions, and training documents.
- Establish, communicate and reapply agreed-upon best practices in a timely manner.
- Coordinate and collaborate with resources external to the plant to achieve continuous improvement objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university; industrial or mechanical engineering preferred
- Experience with Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA), root cause analysis (RCA), capability analysis and Minitab
- 2-5 years of lean implementation and training methodologies
- 2-5 years of maintenance excellence experience
- Six Sigma Green Belt Certification
- Project management
- Communication proficiency
- Read and understand complex material and impart to others, both verbally and in written form
- Respond to verbal questions and explain complex systems
- Personal effectiveness/credibility
- Problem solving/analysis
If qualified and interested, email your resume to email@example.com.
ILSCO Corporation provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.