Position: Global Sourcing Project Manager
ILSCO is a privately-held, American owned electrical connector manufacturing company. ILSCO serves the following markets in the electrical industry: OEMs, MROs, Utilities, Construction & Industrial (C&I), Residential, Telecom, and Renewable Energy. Our aggressive entrepreneurial spirit has been a guiding force, sustaining and growing the company. ILSCO’s strong record of investment in new products, capital equipment, and e-commerce is helping to ensure prosperity now and in the future. ILSCO was established in 1894 as the Incandescent Light and Stove Company and, as technology has advanced over time, our manufacturing capabilities and expertise have advanced as well.
This position reports to the Manager of Strategic Sourcing and is responsible for managing sourcing projects both domestically and internationally to achieve the best cost, quality and delivery in support of ILSCO’s goals and objectives. In addition, this role will have responsibility for ongoing international supplier management. Domestic and international travel required, up to 25%.
- In coordination with key stakeholders, organize, drive and implement sourcing projects consistent with company guidelines.
- Assist in the identification and selection of vendors for all sourced products, domestic and international. Assist in the creation of contractual language for approval to establish and maintain these sourcing relationships; participate in the negotiations with suppliers for pricing, terms, and conditions.
- Prepare and facilitate the Make/Buy decision; prepare the bid analysis and the RFQ package and manage the response schedule.
- Conduct on-going supplier scorecards and audits, work to resolve supplier non-conformance issues, and implement improvement initiatives as needed.
- Interview and confer with current and prospective suppliers to determine supply capabilities, transportation logistics, inventory control and management.
- Interact cross functionally with Sales, Marketing, Finance, Engineering, Quality, Operations and within Supply Chain.
Education and Experience:
- BA or BS in Business, Supply Chain Management, or Engineering
- Minimum of 2 years of supply chain or project management with at least 1 year working with an off-shore vendor.
- Ability to read and understand engineering documents such as product catalogs, manufacturing and/or sales drawings and bills of material.
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail.
- PC literate in Microsoft applications.
- Ability to lead a cross-functional team.
- Strong understanding of manufacturing and quality principles.
- Excellent presentation skills
- Demonstrated decision making skills.
If qualified and interested, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ILSCO Corporation provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.