ILSCO is a privately-held, family-owned US manufacturer of electrical connectors. ILSCO solutions are everywhere you look. We service the following markets: Construction & Industrial (C&I), Utility, OEM, Communications, MRO, and Residential as well as Renewable Energy. Since inception, our entrepreneurial spirit has been a guiding force, empowering the company to become an industry-leader.
More than a connector company, ILSCO is a connections company. Connections Matter.
The product development engineer reports to the director of product development and engineers new products and line expansions including specifications, tooling requirements, materials specifications, test methods and product application research. As a product development engineer, you will be able to apply creative design, engineering, and product development skills to new product offerings. In addition, you will support active project phases from original ideation through final launch while applying analytical skills to solve technical problems.
- Perform product design iterations through the use of CAD/CAE tools
- Facilitate production piloting
- Develop projects for performance improvements (cost, weight, process, etc.)
- Communicate with internal and external customers
- Document actions and events throughout the development process
- Oversee engineering project schedules using the product development process
- Assist with technical risk reduction by using appropriate methods and processes such as Design for Manufacturing and Assembly (DFMA) and Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA)
- BSME or related engineering degree
- Comfortable with hands-on approach to solving technical challenges
If qualified and interested, please send your resume plus salary history to:
Attn: Human Resources