Understand and utilize quality tools to assist engineering and manufacturing collect and analyze data to stabilize and improve processes. Program and manage Statistical Process Control (SPC) on plant floor. May serve as a direct line of communication with vendors involving any quality concerns or requests. Handle customer-related issues (questions, new product qualifications, etc.) Determine root cause/corrective action responses for in-process nonconformances. Responsible to interpret engineering print specifications and develop a quality inspection plan including any required gages. Participate in problem solving teams. Do daily inspection round and input part characteristics into SPC. Analyze the data to monitor and control part quality and process capability. Work with facilitators and team leaders. Use data collection to generate reports and analyze trends. Use data to initiate preventive action. Work to resolve recurring or long term issues. Work with auditors, plant personnel, customers, vendors to sustain effective corrective actions. Monitor verification process. Perform ILSCO QMS internal audits per schedule. Develop Quality skills (First articles, Control plans, SPC knowledge, hardness checks, calibration, measuring tools.) Assist with other daily quality functions. Train/mentor/coach others in the use of quality tools.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Program Mitutoyo MeasurLink software with Statistical Process Control (SPC) parameters for production inspection of set-up and run parts. Train others in use of SPC. Conduct daily round of production and input measurements into SPC.
- Establish process for plant floor associates to use SPC to monitor and control part quality and process capability. Review data and determine if improvements need to be made.
- Work with production facilitators and resource team to make improvements to parts and processes during production run.
- Works with manufacturing personnel to implement changes that remedy root cause factors responsible for internal and external non conformances (attend team meetings)
- Train, mentor coach plant floor associates to assume responsibility for overall quality of parts and processes.
- Handle vendor-related issues and requests. (Complaints, rejections, questions, new product qualification, first article submissions, corrective action etc. Work with purchasing as needed)
- Use NCR database. Use information to generate reports and analyze trends. Use data to initiate preventive action. Work to resolve recurring or long term issues.
- Develop skills to determine root cause and corrective action for all non-conformances (internal or external). Work with auditors, plant personnel, customers, vendors to sustain effective corrective actions. Monitor verification process.
- Work with appropriate ILSCO associates on projects that revolve around continuous improvement and customer satisfaction.
- Provides support for all quality activities that arise in daily manufacturing operations [gauging, data collection and process audit techniques]
- Coach process auditors with “quality” projects. (ie: uniform inspection plan throughout shop; process capability studies, etc.)
- Work with other facilities as needed (Canada, Southern Operations, IEI)
- Work with customers as directed by Quality Manager (prepare PPAP documentation)
- Coordinate issues or improvements with Sales, Purchasing, Manufacturing, Engineering.
- Perform internal audits per schedule. Help to mentor new auditors. Learn ILSCO QMS based on the ISO9001:2008 system
- Develop Quality skills (First articles, Control plans, SPC knowledge, hardness checks, calibration, measuring tools)
The successful candidate for this position will possess the following skills and characteristics:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or business field
- Knowledge of ISO 9001:2008, Lean Manufacturing, Visual Factory, Six Sigma concepts and audit techniques
- Knowledge and use of quality measurement equipment (calipers, mics, gages, hardness checks, etc.)
- Knowledge and use of control charts, PPAP, FAIR’s, Gage R&R, etc.
- Grasp of statistics or strong math skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Positive attitude, adaptable and resourceful
- Helps others adjust to change
- Is focused on the customer
- Decision-making ability, thinks strategically
- Takes initiative with corrective actions
- Leader with continuous improvement
- Above average computer skills
If qualified and interested, please send your resume to:
Attn: Human Resources
4730 Madison Road
Cincinnati, OH 45227-1446